Saturday, January 31, 2009

Coming along......


Lots has been happening in January though we have squeezed in 8 days of holiday at Tawonga.
The septic system has been installed (a worm farm!), the plastering is almost finished, we have painted the entire top storey, ceiling fans are in, a lot of the plumbing has been done. The top bedrooms look almost done! They just need skirting and doors and carpet of course.
We have chosen all the light fittings, ordered our 5 toilets and got a nice bath. Next will be tiles. I am still considering the nice ones I showed here a while ago!

This area has been cleared for the 400 metres of effluent lines running from the septic system into the ground. They just run up and down, up and down, etc.

Here is our Worm Farm Waste System!! It is now buried and the hole in the top has a compost bin on top to put all your scraps in. It also likes paper as the carbon helps balance the eco-system. Would you believe they put only a handful of worms in along with some mulch! This is going to treat the waste water of a family of 8 and turn it into water for the garden.

Here is the top level plastered. This has now been painted and looks great!! I am experimenting with colours at the moment. I think we'll do some of these walls at least in a colour called Aviva. I've put a pic below (it's scanned from a sample sheet and is therefore not exactly right).
The rest of the walls will be in Ecru - the bottom one - which in real life is more like an off white with just a tinge of green. The ceilings are in Lime White.




2 comments:

Tracy said...

It's all looking soooooo amazing! I'm dying to know though ~ have you moved in?

Jodie said...

Nooooooo, sadly not yet! I'm sure half my friends think I'm just making the whole building a house thing up!
Hopefully by the end of the month but I'm not committing myself to any dates so as not to be dissapointed.