Sunday, May 24, 2009

More of the kitchen

Here at last is my cooker. I mentioned previously that I had bought it online at Grays Online, an auction site that has scratch and dent items. What I didn't notice was that it was in Sydney and was for local pick up only. I had to organise to freight it down myself and the cheapest I could get was $360!! Oh well, we live and learn!! I still absolutely love the cooker, it was still a big bargain and the scratch on it is very tiny, way better than it seemed in the photo. It's a Smeg by the way and yes, it does have the AGA sticker on it for those who are concerned. This means it is approved by the Australian Gas Association. A friend's hubby mentioned that you have to be careful buying some things online as they can be from overseas and not approved for use here. I also still get a full manufacturers warranty on the cooker as if it were new. The website address is graysonline.com.au in case you're ever looking for something. They have heaps of stuff in all sorts of categories.
Here are the cabinets installed. The benchtops are coming tomorrow!!!!! Yay!!! The plumber is also coming to install the stove and the sink so we might even have a roast tomorrow night for the first time in a few months. I must say I am very "over" my tiny makeshift kitchen in the laundry.
Here is the back wall of the kitchen installed. The fridge goes in the middle and the microwave in the space below the cupboards on the right.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Ooohhh I want to come and mess it up with something yummy to be cooked!!!

Jodie said...

Tracy, I'm having a morning tea for my school mum friends to celebrate my kitchen!! Could you come on a Friday or do you work??

Tracy said...

I work from recess til lunch on a Friday...but I'm free before that :)