Friday, June 18, 2010

My house is a MESS!

Today, there are 3 tradesmen here and 6 kids! The painter has been working all week, finishing off all the timberwork - doors, windows, skirtings, architraves etc. and then doing a final coat on the walls as well. Everything has had to be moved into the centre of the rooms so he can work. It's not every room, just the ones unfinished which are the lower lounge, guest room, dining room, hallways, kitchen and rumpus room. The laundry is also empty as it needs painting and the benchtops have been finished. I can still use the machines but can't have any clothes or piles in there. So my bedroom has become my folding and sorting area!! I'm not complaining, I'm very happy it is all happening. I just think if someone were to pop in for a visit they would get a bit of a shock at the state of the place!
Here are some photos taken today so you can see what I mean!!
The lovely dining room!
The staircase is done, just needs lacquering and caps on all the posts! Very grand!!
The rumpus room!
At least the floorboards are all laid.
Here is Amber watching a movie in the lounge.

No comments: